Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Swiss Arms Wont Cock

13 Bullets by David Wellington


Title: 13 Balas
Author: David Wellington
Publisher: Minotaur
Release Date: 19/01/2010
No. of pages: 300
Series: 1 Vampire Tales

According to the official, vampires died out in the 80s, when FBI agent Arkeley faced the latest in a combat ready was to also end his life. But when Caxton federal agent called in the middle of the night to the FBI for help, only the agent knows Arkeley is happening: it is a vampire. Tucked away in an abandoned asylum, biding their time with the patience that only the undead can. There is only one way to solve this case. But it seems that the vampires want more than the blood of Caxton, something that your partner keeps silent, something that will have to find out or die.

Rating:

In one of my last visits to the library crossed my novel way.
had read some reviews by the bloggosfera that left him in a very good place so I decided to take him home.

After taking just a few pages read Balas knew that 13 would be a very bloody and brutal novel. The author is not a hair short of detailing each slaughter to comment vampires and verse, and at some time or another ... the feeling is very unpleasant.
The story itself seemed to me more of the same, the only thing outstanding is the author's style, however halfway through the book I began to do very heavy and slow, all the time going around about the same situations. I was hoping that once finished 300 pages even though I do not think an extension too large.

The novel is classified as of Terror, and if they say something but I will not give me no fear, as I said some unpleasant scenes but there is a big fear distance.

After finish I can say that the novel is good to hang out but I have been a marvel. As I am weak I will continue reading the series to see continued.



0 comments:

Post a Comment